Julian Jaynes Society Forum

Julian Jaynes Society Discussion Forum: Exploring Consciousness and the Bicameral Mind Theory since 1997

**PLEASE NOTE: Due to a high volume of spam registrations, forum registration is now BY REQUEST ONLY. If you'd like to register (free), please e-mail info "at" julianjaynes "dot" org. Registration will be temporarily enabled.** julianjaynes.org        
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Julian Jaynes' Book in Other Languages (French...)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:18 am 

Hello everybody !

My curiosity claim a better level in English, and that why i'm trying to get the books in my French language !

Does anyone know how passint through the "sorry, not edited anymore" ???

Wainting for more illumination...

Alcidejet

Post subject: Re: Julian Jaynes' Book in Italian, German, French, and Span
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:06 pm 
Site Admin

The French, Spanish, and German versions of The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown in the Bicameral Mind are out of print, but can occasionally be found online on Amazon.com, E-bay, etc., as well as through some libraries.

The book is still in print in both English and Italian.

The foreign language translations of The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind are as follows:

Italian (in print):
Il Crollo della Mente Bicamerale e L'origine della Coscienza. Milano: Adelphi. 1984.
Excerpt

German:
Der Ursprung des Bewusstseins durch den Zusamnenbruch der Bicameralen Psych. Reinbek: Rowohlt. 1988.
Full Text
WorldCat (1)
WorldCat (2)

French:
La Naissance de la Conscience dans L'Effondrement de L'Esprit. Paris: Presses Universitaires de France. 1994.
Full Text
WorldCat

Spanish:
El Origen de la Conciencia en la Ruptura de la Mente Bicameral. Mexico: Fondo de Cultura Economica. 1987.
Excerpt
WorldCat

Last edited by Moderator on Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Julian Jaynes' Books in other Languages (French...)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:38 am 

Thank you for answering!

I already knew that and bought an English version that I'm slowly trying to integrate ;-)

I'll continue searching.

Post subject: Re: Julian Jaynes' Book in Other Languages (French...)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:05 am 

I finally found the French translation.

Here shared :
http://www.scribd.com/doc/44340496/Juli ... meral-1976

Hope to find others...

Post subject: Re: Julian Jaynes' Book in Italian, German, French, and Span
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:40 pm 

Moderator wrote:
The French, Spanish, and German versions of The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown in the Bicameral Mind are out of print, but can occasionally be found online on Amazon.com, E-bay, etc., as well as through some libraries.
The foreign language translations of The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind are as follows:
German:

Der Ursprung des Bewusstseins durch den Zusammenbruch der bikameralen Psyche. Reinbek: Rowohlt. 1988 (Paper-Back 1993 with the abridged title "Der Ursprung des Bewusstseins")
Full Text on the HP of the JJS
The whole text in one PDF-File (identical here)
(See too "Julian Jaynes - A modern look on the mutation from the mythic to the mental consciousness. In memory of his work published 30 years ago" - Representation of the central psychological theses of JJ at the annual conference of the Jean-Gebser-Society 2006 in Augsburg, Germany by Ingo-Wolf Kittel with an addendum about the meanings of the term "altered states of consciousness" - in German.)

Post subject: Re: Julian Jaynes' Book in Other Languages (French...)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:31 am 
Site Admin

The Spanish translation (El origen de la conciencia en la ruptura de la mente bicameral) is now back in print and available for purchase from Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/6071600715