R.A. Schwaller de Lubicz & Egyptology

Discussion of Julian Jaynes's third hypothesis - dating the development of consciousness to roughly 1500-1200 BCD in Egypt, Greece, and Mesopotamia (the transition occurred at different times in different places around the world). Includes analysis of ancient texts (such as the Iliad, the Odyssey, and the Bible), linguistics, and archeological evidence from ancient civilizations as it pertains to the transition from the bicameral mind to consciousness.
Site Admin

R.A. Schwaller de Lubicz & Egyptology

Post by Moderator »

[reposted from an earlier version of Jaynes Forum - Mod.]

Hello,
I am in the process of reading TOOC and was wondering if there were any others on this board who were familiar with the work of R.A. Schwaller de Lubicz as it relates to Egypt (heiroglyphs, Temple of Luxor, etc.). I feel that there is a relation between what Schwaller de Lubicz and the Egyptians called "the intelligence of the heart" and Dr. Jaynes' bicameral mind. The lack of an analytic, divisive mentality replaced instead with a synthetic, unifying method of transcribing knowledge using natural, vital symbol instead of our conventional alphabet. I would be interested in hearing what people have to say, even if they aren't familiar with Schwaller de Lubicz.
Sincerely,
Jason Gill
Homeless In Honolulu

Post by Homeless In Honolulu »

Just curious - has anyone answered your question yet (by email, or whatever?)
Homeless In Honolulu

Post by Homeless In Honolulu »

Aloha!

Has anything by de Lubicz been published in English? The last I heard, his main books (The Temple Of Man, for example) are out only in French. Also, is he considered in the so-called mainstream of Egyptology yet?
Site Admin

R. A. Schwaller de Lubicz

Post by Moderator »

Yes, R. A. Schwaller de Lubicz's books are available in English on Amazon.com:

Esoterism and Symbol
The Temple of Man
Sacred Science: The King of Pharaonic Theocracy

etc.

They are on my "to read" list!
alcidejet

Re: R.A. Schwaller de Lubicz & Egyptology

Post by alcidejet »

Hi,

I'm looking for R. A. Schwaller de Lubicz's books in FRENCH.

Can anyone share it ?
Fisherman

Re: R.A. Schwaller de Lubicz & Egyptology

Post by Fisherman »

I believe his books were originally published in French. The publisher is Inner Traditions. Check their website.

Return to “3.0. Hypothesis Three: Dating the Development of Consciousness”