Lucid Dreaming and Meeting the God Mind

Discussion of Julian Jaynes's first hypothesis, that consciousness (as he carefully defines it) is based on language, specifically the subtopic of dreams, lucid dreams, and conscious vs. bicameral or visitation dreams as a way to gauge the development of consciousness in children and cultures.
sparrowling

Lucid Dreaming and Meeting the God Mind

Post by sparrowling »

I have been a lucid dreamer for 16 years. I've gone through many phases, but one thing that caught my attention was making the acquaintance of my god mind from the right brain while in a dream. It's a rare occurrence but it sheds light into some of the features of the Bicameral Mind theory. Over time, in conjunction with some of my more surreal experiences, I came up with a theory I am finding it difficult to communicate to most people. However, I believe the unique mindset and realizations of this group may make it easier to understand what I experienced and what I think it means.

Please find here my article on the topic and let me know if any of it resonates and is eligible for further study: A Theory about Bipolar Mania
~Aimee Sparrow

Active on Medium and Quora
Site Admin

Re: Lucid Dreaming and Meeting the God Mind

Post by Moderator »

Welcome Aimee, and thank you for sharing your article. I look forward to reading it and will get back to you with comments.
sparrowling

Post by sparrowling »

Thanks for the welcome! A similar story I've written: Why do We Believe in God?
~Aimee Sparrow

sparrowling

Post by sparrowling »

A blog post from an insight related to this topic: Self-Awareness
~Aimee Sparrow

Return to “1.01. Hypothesis One: Consciousness Based On Language | Subtopic: Consciousness & Dreams”