New Member, Physicist / Bhagavad Gita

General discussion regarding Jaynes's theory of consciousness and the bicameral mind. Please only post your topic here only if it does not fit into a more specific category below.
effulgence6

New Member, Physicist / Bhagavad Gita

Post by effulgence6 »

I'm a physicist currently involved in research on the energy efficiency of building lighting systems. Lighting might seem a far cry from JJ but I have been fascinated with consciousness and bicameral theory ever since I read Origin over 10 years ago. His trenchant insights have periodically and unexpectedly popped into my consciousness helping me to understand all sorts of strange human behavior.

I have an intellectual hare to release into the Forum:

In the Bhagavad Gita, is the God Vishnu speaking to Prince Arjuna bicamerally? The BG was written about 2500 yrs ago, about 500 yr after the emergence of consciousness in that part of the globe.

If, as I suspect, it was written around the time of the change in mentality, the moral relevancy of the BG to today's unicameral minds is questionable. (Both Robert Oppenheimer and Heinrich Himmler read, and could quote from, the Bhagivad Gita)
Site Admin

Post by Moderator »

Welcome aboard.

I have heard there is a great deal of evidence for vestiges of bicameralism in the Bhagavad Gita and the Upanishads. That would make a great topic for an article... I'll be sure to take a look at it.

Return to “General Discussion”