Jaynes enthusiasts, help spread the word! Here are some quick ideas for ways you can help:
1. Join the Society - Access exclusive articles, lectures, interviews and more that will greatly expand your knowledge of Julian Jaynes's theory while helping to support our mission. We rely on member support to promote and advance Julian Jaynes's theory. All memberships are tax deductible contributions.
2. Donate to the Society - If you can, please donate to the Julian Jaynes Society. We rely on a combination of membership contributions, donations, and book sales in order to advance our work. All donations are tax deductible (tax ID # 85-2704191), and are greatly appreciated.
3. Stay Informed by subscribing to the Julian Jaynes Society mailing list. Forward the newsletters to friends to help them learn about Jaynes's theory.
4. Write Positive Reviews of the books and newsletters on Amazon.com, Goodreads.com, and other sites. Even short positive reviews can encourage people to read about the theory and help spread the word:[/b]
Please "Upvote" this review by marking it as helpful: https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-revi ... 0618057072
Write a review: The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind
If you speak German, French, Spanish, or Italian, please write a positive review of one of these translations of Jaynes's book on the Amazon site you use:
- Der Ursprung des Bewußtseins durch den Zusammenbruch der Bikameralen Psyche
- La Naissance de la Conscience dans L’Effondrement de L’Esprit Bicaméral
- El origen de la conciencia en l ruptura de la mente bicameral
- Il crollo della mente bicamerale e l'origine della coscienza
Write a positive review of Julian Jaynes Society publications:
- Gods, Voices, and the Bicameral Mind
- The Julian Jaynes Collection
- Reflections on the Dawn of Consciousness
- The Minds of the Bible
- The Jaynesian, Volume 1, Issue 1
- The Jaynesian, Volume 1, Issue 2
- The Jaynesian, Volume 3, Issue 1
5. Help Others Discover Jaynes's Theory - Give Julian Jaynes's book and as well as the Julian Jaynes Society Publications on Julian Jaynes's theory to friends as gifts.
6. Help Spread the Word Via Social Media
- "Like" the Julian Jaynes Society Facebook page and like posts and share them with your friends.
- Join the Origin of Consciousness Facebook group and like, share, and post related items of interest.
- Follow us on Twitter and retweet Jaynes-related tweets.
- Subscribe to the Julian Jaynes Society YouTube channel and share the videos.
7. Write Blog Posts, Articles, or Comments About the Theory - Write a blog post, article, or respond to other posts about the theory online, especially when misconceptions need to be cleared up. You can set up alerts in Google for search terms like "Jaynes" and "bicameral mind" so when new blog posts appear, you'll be alerted via e-mail.
8. Volunteer - Do original research, help with web development, write an article, give a presentation, etc. Please Contact Us to discuss ideas for getting more involved.
General discussion regarding Jaynes's theory of consciousness and the bicameral mind. Please only post your topic here only if it does not fit into a more specific category below.
1 post • Page 1 of 1