Online Events with special guests and open discussion. We explore a wide-range of topics related to Julian Jaynes’s theory with experts from a variety of different backgrounds. Space for each event is limited so be sure to RSVP.
Open invitation to debate! Are you a scholar interested in discussing or debating Julian Jaynes’s theory? Contact Us and we’ll schedule a live online discussion or debate.
- This event has passed.
Professor William Woodward – Memories of Julian Jaynes
July 8, 2021 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm PDTFree
Thursday, July 8th, 2021 at 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm Pacific Time (7:00 pm Eastern)
An interview with Professor William Woodward.
William Woodward is Professor of Psychology at the University of New Hampshire. His biography of Julian Jaynes (with June Tower) “Julian Jaynes: Introducing His Life and Thought” appears in Reflections on the Dawn of Consciousness: Julian Jaynes’s Bicameral Mind Revisited
We’ll be discussing Professor Woodward’s time with Julian Jaynes as a graduate student and details of Julian Jaynes’s life before and after the publication of The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind.
The interview will be followed by Q&A with the event participants.
A link to join will be posted on the Member Area events page and e-mailed to the RSVP’s a day before the event.
Read Professor Woodward’s biography of Julian Jaynes: “Julian Jaynes: Introducing His Life and Thought” in Reflections on the Dawn of Consciousness.
Not a member? Join here!
• A Google Meet calendar invitation with a link to join will be sent to your e-mail prior to the event (be sure to check spam and promotion folders if you don’t see it).
• If you are waiting to be let in and the event start time has passed, something went wrong – please try logging out and then logging back in again.
• A webcam is recommended but not required.
• If you use a webcam, you can improve video quality by closing other programs, tabs, or apps and turning off other internet-enabled devices. Make sure that you have a strong Wi-Fi signal and avoid activities that heavily use your internet connection (ensure that no one is streaming video, playing online video games, etc. on your internet connection while participating in the event).
• Find a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed and be sure to silence phones and close any programs or apps with audible alerts or notifications (such as e-mail).
• If you join using a computer with no webcam or microphone, you can still participate by typing a question in the chat.
• Google Meet works best with the latest versions of the Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge web browsers.