Join the Julian Jaynes Society to gain access to exclusive content and help support our mission of advancing and promoting the important work of Julian Jaynes.
Anyone that supports the goals of the Society may join. You can help make a difference for as little as about $2/month. Member support helps us further the goals of the Julian Jaynes Society by producing new publications, promoting Julian Jaynes’s theory to new audiences, conducting new research, organizing events, reprinting articles, expanding the website, and much more.
We have four different membership options. All members receive access to the Member’s Area, which contains:
- Exclusive Articles – A large and growing collection of articles related to Julian Jaynes’s bicameral mind theory, including interviews with and biographies of Julian Jaynes, new evidence for the bicameral mind theory, and much more.
- Member Essays – Exclusive essays on Julian Jaynes and the bicameral mind theory written by members.
- Conference Videos – Video lectures from the Julian Jaynes Society Conference on Consciousness and Bicameral Studies, the introduction to a 90-minute audio lecture by Julian Jaynes, as well as other lectures and interviews.
- Book Reviews – Full text book reviews of The Origin of Consciousness and other related books.
- Photo Gallery – Rare photographs of Julian Jaynes and other related photos.
- Audio Programs – Radio programs, podcasts, and interviews related to hearing voices, consciousness and language, and related topics.
- Exclusive Correspondence – Correspondence between Julian Jaynes and other scholars discussing his theory.
- E-books – E-books on Julian Jaynes’s bicameral mind theory and related topics such as consciousness, ancient civilizations, the Iliad, consciousness and child development, hearing voices, hypnosis, neuroscience, the Old Testament, possession, and more (over 6,000 pages).
Please select your level of support (all include Member Area access):
We are in the process of obtaining non-profit status, so memberships from 2020 onward will be tax-deductible.
About the Julian Jaynes Society
The Julian Jaynes Society is an international, multidisciplinary organization of over 500 professors, scholars, authors, students, and others interested in the work of Julian Jaynes. We have members across the United States and around the world in 32 countries such as Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.
Members conducting research related to some aspect of the bicameral mind theory are encouraged to submit essays or abstracts for publication on the website. Broad in its scope, the bicameral mind theory has implications for social, cognitive, and clinical psychology; psychiatry; child development; linguistics; literature; religious studies; and ancient history.
We do not sell or in any way share member information with other companies, organizations, or individuals under any circumstances.