Join the Julian Jaynes Society and get instant access to exclusive content while providing essential support to our mission of advancing and promoting Julian Jaynes’s fascinating and tremendously important ideas. Anyone that supports the goals of the Society may join. All memberships are tax-deductible contributions (tax ID # 85-2704191).
All members receive instant access to the Member Area, which contains content you won’t find anywhere else:
- Articles on Julian Jaynes’s Theory, including interviews with and biographies of Julian Jaynes, new evidence for Jaynes’s theory (such as Michael Carr’s articles on the evidence for the bicameral mind in ancient China), and much more.
- Member Events – Interviews with experts and special guests followed by Q&A with members, Julian Jaynes Society online member “hang outs” with open discussion and Q&A, and more.
- Exclusive Lectures on Jaynes’s Theory, including Julian Jaynes presenting his lecture “Consciousness and the Voices of the Mind,” lectures from the Julian Jaynes Society Conference on Consciousness and Bicameral Studies, and more.
- Exclusive Interviews on Jaynes’s Theory, including an hour-long interview with Julian Jaynes, interviews with Executive Director Marcel Kuijsten, author and Jaynesian scholar Brian J. McVeigh, and more.
- Member Essays and Dissertations & Theses on Julian Jaynes’s theory.
- Book Reviews of The Origin of Consciousness and other related books.
- Newspaper Archives – Including 60+ Jaynes-related articles, books reviews, lecture announcements, and more.
- Photo Gallery – Rare photographs of Julian Jaynes and other related photos.
- Podcasts and Radio Programs on Julian Jaynes’s Theory and related topics.
- Rare Correspondence between Julian Jaynes and other scholars and authors.
- E-books on topics related to Julian Jaynes’s bicameral mind theory (over 9,000 pages).
Please select your level of support for the Society (all levels include access to the Member Area and all Member Area content):
After selecting your membership, you will receive an e-mail from the Julian Jaynes Society (check your spam or promotions folders if you don’t see it in about 10 minutes). Click on the Registration Link in the e-mail to complete your registration and gain instant access to the Member Area. Please note: The e-mail you enter on the registration form must match the e-mail associated with your PayPal account. Need help? Contact us!
About the Julian Jaynes Society
Founded in 1997, the Julian Jaynes Society is an international, multidisciplinary organization of over 500 professors, scholars, authors, students, and many others interested in the work of Julian Jaynes. We have members across the United States and around the world in 32 countries such as Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, The Netherlands, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.
Members conducting research related to some aspect of the bicameral mind theory are encouraged to submit essays for publication in the Member Area. Broad in its scope, the bicameral mind theory has implications for social, cognitive, and clinical psychology; psychiatry; child development; linguistics; literature; religious studies; and ancient history.
We do not sell or in any way share member information with other companies, organizations, or individuals under any circumstances.