New for Julian Jaynes Society Members! Online Member Events with special guests and open discussion.
We’ll be exploring a wide-range of topics related to Julian Jaynes’s theory with experts from a variety of different backgrounds. Space for each event is limited so be sure to RSVP! (must be logged in).
New! Open invitation to debate! Are you a scholar interested in discussing or debating Julian Jaynes's theory? Contact Us and we'll schedule a live online discussion or debate.
- This event has passed.
Q&A on Julian Jaynes’s Theory with Marcel Kuijsten, Brian McVeigh & Special Guests
May 1, 2021 @ 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm Pacific Time
Join us for an informal online question and answer session and discussion of Julian Jaynes’s theory with Marcel Kuijsten and Brian McVeigh, plus special guests.
Get answers to your questions about the theory while getting to know other JJS Members and Jaynes enthusiasts! We’ll also be sharing recent items of interest, book recommendations, and more. The session will run between 90 and 120 minutes and will be recorded.
The session will take place on Saturday, May 1st, 2021, from 5pm – 7pm Pacific Time (8pm – 10pm Eastern).
A link to join the session will be sent to everyone that RSVPs the day prior to the event.
Not a member? Join here!
• A link to join will be sent to your e-mail the day prior to the event (be sure to check spam and promotion folders if you don’t see it).
• If you are waiting to be let in a few minutes before the event start time or the event start time has passed, something went wrong – please try logging out and then logging back in again.
• A webcam is recommended but not required.
• If you use a webcam, you can improve video quality by closing other programs or apps and turning off other internet-enabled devices. Make sure that you have a strong Wi-Fi signal and that no one is streaming video or playing online video games on your internet connection while participating in the event.
• Find a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed and be sure to silence phones and close any programs or apps with audible alerts or notifications (such as e-mail).
• If you join using a computer with no webcam or microphone, you can still participate by typing a question in the chat.
• Google Meet works best with the latest versions of the Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge web browsers.