An interview with Professor William Woodward, we’ll be discussing Professor Woodward's time with Julian Jaynes as a graduate student and ...
New for Julian Jaynes Society Members! Online Member Events with special guests and open discussion.
We’ll be exploring a wide-range of topics related to Julian Jaynes’s theory with experts from a variety of different backgrounds. Space for each event is limited so be sure to RSVP! (must be logged in).
New! Open invitation to debate! Are you a scholar interested in discussing or debating Julian Jaynes's theory? Contact Us and we'll schedule a live online discussion or debate.
Latest Past Events
An interview with Professor Laurence Sugarman on the changing nature of hypnosis, placebo effects, the role of authorization, and hypnosis as a vestige of the bicameral mind. The interview will be followed by Q&A with the event participants.
Not a member? Join here!
• A link to join will be sent to your e-mail the day prior to the event (be sure to check spam and promotion folders if you don’t see it).
• If you are waiting to be let in and the event start time has passed, something went wrong – please try logging out and then logging back in again.
• A webcam is recommended but not required.
• If you use a webcam, you can improve video quality by closing other programs, tabs, or apps and turning off other internet-enabled devices. Make sure that you have a strong Wi-Fi signal and avoid activities that heavily use your internet connection (ensure that no one is streaming video, playing online video games, etc. on your internet connection while participating in the event).
• Find a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed and be sure to silence phones and close any programs or apps with audible alerts or notifications (such as e-mail).
• If you join using a computer with no webcam or microphone, you can still participate by typing a question in the chat.
• Google Meet works best with the latest versions of the Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge web browsers.